Wilderness Youth and Community Centre
Making Connections South Tipperary is a Local Training Initiative funded by Tipperary ETB and based in the Wilderness Youth and Community Centre, Clonmel. The service delivers accredited training in Employability Skills to adults who have experienced substance/alcohol misuse and/or homelessness, and who may have become disconnected from mainstream education. It offers:
- A flexible training programme catered for each individual on a one-to-one basis or within small groups
- A stepping stone to mainstream education or employment
- Information on other available suitable services and courses
- The opportunity to gain a recognized qualification in a safe and secure environment
Eligibility: Adults, aged 18 years upwards who have difficulties with Alcohol/Substance Misuse, homelessness, and associated mental health issues
- Referral by local agencies or services such as drugs workers, community workers, probation officers, mental health workers etc.
Contact details: Jenny Ryan, Programme Coordinator
Geographical remit: Clonmel and Carrick-on-Siúir
Monday – Thursday, 9.30 a.m. – 5.00 p.m.