The HSE Community Audiology service offers free help with hearing loss for all children and eligible adults in Ireland. The service can:
- Diagnose problems with hearing
- Treat hearing loss, e.g., by providing hearing aids
- Service and repair hearing aids
- Give advice about using assistive devices
- Provide emotional support if you or your child is experiencing hearing loss
Eligibility: The audiology service is free for all babies and children up to 18 years. It is also free to students until they leave third level education.
Referral: Children can be referred through the Primary School screening programme, or by a medical professional, such as a GP, a PHN, Ear Nose & Throat Specialist, and Speech and Language Therapist. Newborn babies can be referred through a newborn screening programme.
Address: Tyone Health Centre, Nenagh.
Tel. (067) 46415
Address: St. Mary’s Health Centre, Parnell Street, Thurles (Adults only)
Tel. (067) 46453
Address: Community Audiology, Community Care Centre, Western Road, Clonmel.
Tel. (052) 617 7332