ACCORD offers a professional counselling service for couples and individuals to explore, reflect upon and work to resolve difficulties that arise in their marriage and relationships.
ACCORD counsellors work with individuals and couples on a wide range of issues and difficulties that arise in their relationships i.e. communication, intimacy, sexual issues, infidelity, problem behaviours, conflict, domestic abuse, health, family issues, finances, loss.
ACCORD accepts and values clients irrespective of their religious or ethnic background. ACCORD’s counselling service is based on needs and not on ability to pay.
All 55 ACCORD centres offer Marriage and Relationship counselling. Other services offered by ACCORD in many centres include Domestic Abuse Counselling and a Fertility and Well Being Service.
How to access: Counselling can be arranged by contacting any one of ACCORD’s 55 centres throughout Ireland. The centre secretary will take contact details and then arrange an appointment to see a counsellor. Outside of centre hours an answering service will be in operation and the secretary will contact clients on returning to the office.
Contact details: Centres in Co. Tipperary:
- Nenagh ACCORD Centre, Loretto House, Kenyon Street, Nenagh. Co. Tipperary E45 V822
Tel. (065) 682 4297
- Thurles ACCORD Centre, Cathedral Street, Thurles. Co. Tipperary E41 TR04
Tel. (0504) 22279
- Clonmel ACCORD Centre, St. Mary’s Pastoral Centre, Irishtown, Clonmel. Co. Tipperary E91 V0H9
Tel. (052) 6124 144
Centres outside Co. Tipperary:
- Kilkenny ACCORD Centre, Seville Lodge, Callan Road, Kilkenny. Co. Kilkenny R95 RPN8
Tel. (056) 772 2674
- Waterford ACCORD Centre, St. John’s Pastoral Centre, John’s Hill, Waterford. Co. Waterford X91 HW9D
Tel. (051) 878333
- Limerick ACCORD Centre, 66 O’Connell Street, Limerick V94 XK2R
Tel. (061) 343000
- (01) 531331: Republic of Ireland outside Dublin
- (01) 905 9555: Dublin
- (028) 9568 0151: Northern Ireland