Mid-Tipperary Drugs Initiative is a Community Based Drugs Initiative, which provides preventative and early intervention services as well as supports to people with alcohol and substance misuse issues. The project also supports families impacted by substance misuse. The service, managed by Youth Work Ireland Tipperary' provides:
- One-to-one key working with people with alcohol and substance misuse issues, including assessment, agreement of care plans, awareness programmes, harm reduction, referrals, etc.
- Education and awareness programmes on alcohol and substance misuse in different settings
- Family Support and interventions
- Alternative therapies such as auricular acupuncture
- Advice, information and referral to other relevant services.
Eligibility: Individuals, 13 years and upwards, and family members affected by substance misuse
Referral: Self-referrals, Family referrals, and Referrals from agencies
Contact details: Catherine Doyle
Geographic remit: Cashel, Tipperary town and rural hinterland