Knockanrawley Resource Centre
Knockanrawley Resource Centre is a community-based project offering a wide range of individual, family support and community services and facilities in Tipperary Town and surrounding areas.
Knockanrawley Resource Centre provides the following Family Support services:
Parent and Family Support Project:
- Individual Parenting Support sessions
- SHE group: a weekly peer support group for parents who are parenting alone
- Parenting Club - a weekly peer support and mentoring group
- Baby, Parents and Toddlers Group
- Cook It, a Nutrition education programme
- Summer camps
- Rainbows Programme, a peer support programme for children, aged 5 – 12 years, experiencing bereavement or loss in their lives
- Parents Plus - Parenting when Separated programme
Family Therapy and Counselling:
Knockanrawley Resource Centre’s Individual, Couples and Family Therapy practice is in operation since 1991 delivered by a team of staff with qualifications in Systemic Psychotherapy, Family Therapy, Clinical Psychology and Narrative Therapy. In addition to working with individuals and families in building resilience and overcoming common life stresses, the practice also works with families in crisis. It also provides supports and an access location for parents whose children are in care.
Knockanrawley Community Childcare: on a full-time part-time & sessional basis.
Knockanrawley Ability Programme for South Tipperary:
In partnership with Rehabcare in Clonmel, the Moorehaven Centre, Irish Wheelchair Association in Tipperary Town, and Scoil Chormaic in Cashel, Knockanrawley’s Ability programme supports up to 50 children and young adults with a physical, intellectual or sensory disability to confidently achieve their educational and employment aspirations. Project activities with participants include the delivery of a range of personal development and confidence building courses, bespoke work-ready trainings, pre-employment supports and a person-centred work placement initiative. The work placement initiative is implemented in partnership with local businesses and small employers around South Tipperary.
Referrals: Self-referrals and referrals from other agencies, such as Túsla, Barnardos, GPs, Schools and courts.
- Parent and Family Support Project: Helen Buckley, Parent and Family Support Worker
Tel. (062) 52688
Monday to Wednesday 9.00am – 5.00pm
- Family Therapy service: Mary Fahey, Clinical Support Administrator
Tel. (062) 52688 / 083-020 2861
- Knockanrawley Community Childcare: Anne Murphy, Childcare Coordinator
Tel. (062) 52688
- Knockanrawley Ability Programme: Evelyn Nevin, Coordinator
Tel. 083-300 0639
- Parent & Family Support programme: Tipperary town and environs
- Other services: South of the county.
Parent and Family Support project: Monday – Wednesday, 9.00 – 5.00 p.m.
Family Therapy service: by appointment