Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) is a medical service for those with severe and enduring mental illness. CAMHS also advises regarding ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder). It is a Consultant led community based service provided by a multidisciplinary team. Conditions treated in CAMHS include:
- Moderate to Severe Depressive Disorders
- Severe Anxiety Disorders
- Mood disorders
- Eating disorders
- Psychosis and schizophrenia
- Suicide ideation, where there is likely psychiatric cause.
CAMHS is unable to be of assistance to those suspected to have a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) unless the primary service provider (Disability services) is already involved.
Eligibility: Young people who are suspected of having a psychiatric disorder that is affecting their ability to function in day-to-day activities up to the age of 17 years in the South of the county.
Referral: As with all medical services, referrals are only accepted from another medical practitioner, i.e., GP or medical doctor after the child or young person has been seen and assessed by same.
South Tipperary CAMHS Team 1
Address: South Tipperary Therapy services, St. Luke's Campus, Glenconnor Road, Clonmel
Tel. (052) 617 7436
South Tipperary CAMHS Team 2
Address: Coleville House, Coleville Road, Clonmel E91 K7N1
Tel. (052) 618 9204
Hours of Business:
South Tipperary CAMHS Teams 1 & 2: Monday – Friday, 9.00 a.m. – 5.00 p.m.
- CAMHS Team 1 covers Primary Care Team (PCT) Areas of Tipperary town, Slieve Ardagh (Killenaule, Fethard, Mullinahone) and Cashel
- CAMHS Team 2 covers PCT Areas of Clonmel, Carrick-on-Siúir, Cahir and Clogheen