Barnardos Family Support Project
140 Mountain View
Barnardos Clonmel Family Support Project is part of a National Service providing supports to Children and Families across Ireland.
The project is based in the community and provides support and advice to families experiencing difficulties. The aim of the project is to work together with parents, building on family strengths so that children and young people can enjoy their childhood and reach their full potential.
It works with families by:
- Providing support for children and young people around education.
- Helping to build children’s and young people’s confidence and self-esteem.
- Helping children and young people to identify, deal with and express their emotions in a positive way.
- Helping children and young people develop good social skills and make positive life choices.
- Providing education information & advice to parents/carers on all aspects of child rearing and child-care.
- Working alongside families experiencing difficulties.
- Supporting parents to be a positive influence in their children’s life.
- Supporting children and young people coping with difficult life experiences, such as bereavement, loss, addiction, separation & family violence.
Eligibility: Families living within Clonmel Town and environs. Referrals are also taken from neighbouring towns, i.e. Carrick-on-Siúir, Cahir, Fethard, that do not have an appropriate service nearer to them.
Referrals: Family self-referrals, Referrals from Túsla.